The Church building needs considerable modernisation and repair inside for it to have a sustainable future. The next step of the project will focus on making sure that the building not only meets the needs of the growing congregation but that it has the capacity to reach out to the community. We are also keenly aware of the Church’s potential that could bring much needed revenue to help maintain its costs.
There is still however a big hill to climb to raise the funds for this project. The congregation of St Michael’s alone are unlikely to raise the money themselves without outside funding and support.
Our aim is for:
- a flexible and adaptable main space within the Church that can be used as both a worship area and events space
- a kitchen and seating area that can be used as a cafe and youth facility
- robust flooring that can be used for multiple functions: youth events, music gigs, pop-up events and conferences
- use of the Sanctuary as a permanent quiet area for worship and visitors
- an office and communal area for the MINE Youth Team as a base for our Children’s and Youth work
- the enhancement of some of the Church’s original features and areas within the Church that promote heritage of the building and the Byker area
|Restore floors (timber sections)||£30,000|
Donate to the Lighthouse Project
Use the button below to donate to the Lighthouse Project online using a credit or debit card.